Updates and Reminders
Dear Parents, Guardians and Staff,
- In our continuous effort to go paperless (whenever possible), keep our parent community informed, and take full advantage of the various digital and social media platforms at our disposal, we want to once again encourage everyone to join our Remind App, Facebook page, and email blast. These digital accounts are used to promote much more than PTA business. They are the fastest and surest way to get the latest information about school-wide events, important messages from Principal O'Donnell, updates about workshops and family events from Mrs. Guthrie, news from our teachers and staff, etc.
- On February 12th and 13th, Mrs. Guthrie and our Student Council will visit Roland McDonald House and Stephen Hassenfeld Children's Hospital to deliver the Spring Baskets that were assembled during our recent school drive to benefit children with life-threatening medical conditions. We thank all our students, families, and staff for their generosity. A special thank you goes out to Christine Johnson who organized the baskets’ assembly.
- February 14th is Love Your School Day. To celebrate, students and staff are encouraged to wear their new 'I Heart PS/IS 48 t-shirts', or any red/pink shirt to school.
- February 15th is $1 PJ Day! Wear your new 48 PJ bottoms or any PJs to school and donate $1 or any amount you feel comfortable with. All proceeds will go to support our 8th grader Valerie Valdez on her continuous road to recovery from myocarditis.
- February 15th is our Dining to Donate at Moe’s Southwest Grill, located on Hylan Blvd., across from Shoprite. The fundraiser will be held from 2–8 p.m. and 20% of all proceeds will be donated to PS/IS 48. To support the school, show the flyer (hard copy or digital copy) during checkout, or simply tell the cashier that you’re supporting PS 48.
- February 16th to 23rd School is closed for New Lunar Year and Mid-Winter Break. Happy New Year to everyone celebrating! Classes will resume on Monday, February 26th.
- March 2nd is Dr. Seuss Day! To celebrate, everyone is encouraged to dress like their favorite Dr. Seuss character to school.
- On March 4th, PS/IS 48 students and families are invited to enjoy a FREE day at the Guggenheim Museum from 1–4 p.m. Experience world-class exhibitions and family-friendly programming, recommended for children ages 3-14. For more information, call 212-423-3561.
- March 6th marks the end of our Leukemia Lymphoma Society fundraiser. Please send in the small collection boxes by that date. We thank everyone for their participation and generosity. Remember that every little bit goes a long way to make a difference.